PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Don't Tell Me the US Aviation Industry is Turning
Old 3rd Jan 2012, 17:14
cameltoad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not worth having anymore

I read Captjns and others thread on "things not getting better" and I totally agree. I am a USAir guy, and really not by choice. My airline of 15yrs. went out of business and I applied here back in 07 just because I live near CLT. got hired, got furloughed, went to Mid East, hated it, then took family to China, loved it, but came back because I was told come back now or your dropped. So being back, yanking gear for 50k gross a year makes me realize what slaves we are to the BS US system of seniority,(and THATS after that lovely first year of 36k!) and at 47yrs. old and 200 from the bottom at USA makes me realized that we are so brainwashed to believe that a job at a US major is the pentacle of our profession we really don't see the reality of what it has become. So I am thinking of doing the unthinkable and resigning and heading back out there. Scary, yes, but when you have the time we all have got how can you justify going to the bottom of another list to "pay your dues" for what the third time, fourth time?