PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 13 years as F/O !! I´ve had enough.
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2012, 16:54
SassyPilotsWife

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And she says.....

Are you married ? If so, have you discussed this with your wife? Due to economic turndown and furloughs in the US, my husband began applying internationally with the potential that we might be living apart again. We had to do it when he was flying China 1 month on/off. If you love her and family is number 1, and you can afford life as an FO and not trying to move to the left for income potential only, make sure wherever you go, you can go together. Like my husband says.. " If mama ain't happy, no one's happy" A happy wife = a happy life. And when it comes to being married to a 50ish FO, here's my motto " seat and stripes don't matter when you're horizontal " As long as we're together, I could care less where we live. We chose the sand pit. What was important to us was the fact the ME is tax free for us.

It appears that you have a good life where you are but you're looking at what you " could " have. If all we do in life is look at what could be, we never get to enjoy what is already in front of us. Be thankful for now. Tomorrow's interview could be filled with empty promises. Be prepared to risk what you already have for what you may have not. Best of luck