PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Human Factors: Effects of employment insecurity on aviation safety?
Old 3rd Jan 2012, 15:33
Shell Management

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sir Niall Dementia

If you know as much as you claim, you will also know that Shell specify better equipment, greater training and more extensive experience requirements then any other oil company. They were the first to require an SMS, well before ICAO and also since 1999 required a full HEMP Safety Case.

I'm sorry but your competition clearly offered a safer service and a lower price, demonstrating just the continuous improvement needed to enhance safety.

Having a go at me now does not change the fact you state that you were on the losing side.

Ofton operators just get a bit complacent and think they can milk their customer on price and safety.

Thats one reason that in places like the North Sea Shell maintains call off contracts with all the major operators, so they can audit them and keep an eye on the ones that are making improvements, which makes switching so much easier.

IT IS POOR MANAGEMENT THAT CREATES UNCOMPETITIVENESS AND THE ASSOCIATED COMMERCIAL PRESSURES - NOT CUSTOMERS (OR REGULATORS) DEMANDING SAFETY COMPLIANCE!

Piltdown Man

As the NTSB said, the pilot himself was saying he hadn't slept for 3 days. While you decline to draw any conclusions on this and dismiss toxicology evidence I see you are happy to rudely and childishly draw others when a fact is simply stated.

Quote: Yet he still did the flight.

This statement shows why people like Shell Management should have absolutely NOTHING to do with aviation safety. Ignorant, vindictive, small minded, poisonous little men like this should only get as close as a photograph of an aeroplane to real aviation
Though I think is hilarious that you then go on to say:
But overall, not unless you can get inside the minds of people like this pilot can we prevent a re-occurrence.
Which was sort of my point. Why on earth would someone who recognised they were short of sleep carry on and fly?

You then abandon all effort of analysis
I don't have enough information in the report to even start to understand what happened.
Well luckily the NTSB did have enough information - or are you doubting their competance?