PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QRA question
Thread: QRA question
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2012, 09:54
engtechp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

One dark wet night the 'hooter went for an exercise with the mighty Phantom F4's. With about six A/C fully fuelled and armed with thier engines running 'Oscar' decided to fire a 'Sidewinder' at the groundcrew and just missed. The aircraft was impounded for further invest, six months later it was given back to us with no reason found for it's transgression. I was in charge of the groundcrew and we were taking over 'Q' for the next seven days. We had 'Oscar' on the arming point with the crew doing an acceptance check, it was fully fuelled and armed with all the pins removed, sound familiar. The pilot then asked me to put the tractor on the front and push 'Oscar' back into the Q Shed whith the engines running to keep the INAS aligned, I said that I would just put the Rocket Motor Pins in whilst I did the Push Back. He told me not to as he would have to come off 'State' if I did. I told him about the history of 'Oscar' and I was not willing to endanger me or my men. He then threatened me with 20 years inside for disobeying an order, I just said that it would be prefreable to being dead. He said that he was going to sort me out and sent for the Wing Co. He came out and I explained what had occured, he spoke to the pilot over the head-set and then asked me if I was happy to push back with the rocket pins in; I agreed and pushed the a/c back into the sheds and then removed the pins.
The pilot was supposed to spend the next 24 hours on 'Q' but as soon as 'Oscar' was put to bed he was replaced and I never had the pleasure of his company on 'Q'.
The good old days