PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iran Threatens to Close Strait of Hormuz
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2012, 09:53
glojo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ouch... Those talks are getting perhaps 'silly'??

If NATO were to blockade tankers chartered by Iran, then that really forces Iran to then blockade the Strait. I'll see your tanker and raise you my two tankers.

Regarding the carrier threat, I guess the US carrier decided to 'attack in a different direction' when this game of bluff and counter bluff started to esculate.

Once those Kilo submarines disappeared off the battlefield then it might be reckless to operate in a narrow stretch of water where there is NO hiding place. Far better to retreat (attack in a different direction) and then put a barrier between your carrier and any threat.

I have always thought this might be all talk but these unhelpful threats of embargo are not helping, I would perhaps suggest they are doing just the opposite.

Iran cannot blockade the Strait and still operate her tankers, why on earth make silly noises about blocking their ships!! This sounds more like children having the typical playground argument!!

What is going to be next? 'Withdraw your **** force, or else?' Gloom, not good and no doubt we will soon be hearing from SAM