PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Developments
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2012, 09:05
Gordomac

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Slowjet. We can square this one away. Your inclination is correct. I just pulled mine out ( Staff Travel Guide to Benefits & Leaving letter that is ) !
Guide states quite clearly that " Reduced Rate travel benefits are considered a privilage and not a right and are subject to review by the Management at any time ". Moreover, my leaving lettter also states that "All travel benefits may be changed/withdrawn without prior notice ".
Thats it then ! Funny how the opening statement in my letter states "In recognition of your long service with Gulfair............" A nice little gift to be taken away seconds after you leave. Perhaps the costs of running the scheme outweigh the income. I always thought that some income for what would otherwise be an empty, non revenue seat was better than nothing. All my attempts to contact HR have been rejected ( silly excuses , like, "Not in Office"....."Mailbox full""....."Postmaster does not recognise address"...etc. Oh, and phone attempts are a joke. Held for ages & then abruptly hung up. Does remind me of my demise. After the stitch up of all time, closing down in the pink palace, no-one could be bothered to see me. I could see them though. Lots of red faces but no guts. All, suddenly, at meetings ! Rotten shame eh? Anyone approaching me for my thoughts on employment with GF get an appropriate response ! And, to end the rant, I pulled mine out again (10 year length of Service Certificate, that is ) and we are having a New Year BBQ this afternoon where I will entertain with a Certificate Burning Ceremony. Thanks GF. It WILL give me closure. Oh, not done yet, Well said LF. Admirable humility. I have applied for the CEO job. IB will be Deputy CEO. All our mates will fill other jobs & I will be bringing back some stunners from the past (no, not cabin crew) & our first, collective roll will be to re-instate Staff Travel with ENHANCED benefits for Life. We will purchase three clapped out 707's, one DC10 and one 747 ( I will take all kickbacks for the purchase) to be used for the establishment of a innovative ,all new, STAFF TRAVEL AIRLINE. The fleet will be used purely for staff travel not only by GF employees but by other airline staff. I will be CEO of that too but IB will be CP, DFO & Head of Recruitment. Ok ok, it's all going to my head. Cyprus, today, for the burning ceremony is bathed in blue skies, 25c. Gentle Mediterraneam breeze & I sense real closure. Happy New Year to all buddies. I'm done.( Blimey, phone going mad, it's Bjorn again !).