PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Enstrom Corner
Thread: Enstrom Corner
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2012, 03:27
joecub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi there, new guy here. Finished my Commercial Heli add on recently in a R22. I bought a 280C a couple of weeks ago, only Enstrom i've ever flown (love it)... got a few questions. First question is on lift offs, my 280C has a correlater in it... I was shown by the previous owner to bring the engine rpms up to about 2200 then let the correlater do the rest on pick up, the problem is that the rpms are inconsistent, sometimes I over rev, sometimes I don't... So I tried bringing the rpms into the green at flat pitch and rolling off the throttle as I raise collective... either way I seem to feel like a bumbling fool as I lift off and the ship bobs around as I search for the green arc... How do you boys do it? Second question is about the trim... the fore and aft seems to feel normal, but the lateral seems to do nothing, nothing...then to much. I mean it works, its just different. Normal? Another issue is the pilots door seems to wanna pop open above 105 indicated... ideas? Anyone have an excel spreadsheet for tracking component times? Thanks Joe