PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will pilots be redundant in 50 years?
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2002, 14:59
Squawk7777

Location: formally Alamo battleground, now the crocodile with palm trees!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jump Complete As far as I recall the video screens were thought to be a good way around the problems designing cockpit windows. Unfortunately, I don't remember where I read it, I believe this article might have been in Aviation Week & Space Technology . Engineers - I beleive - would appreciate a system like this on the next generation SST. No more tilting nose to worry about ...

slim_slag There have been a lot of discussions before about low time RHS pilots. The last intense one was about the Crossair 146 crash. Based from my experience it all depends on the individual and the training she or he had. Additionally, you cannot draw a line between good training, good piloting skills and flight experience. A few airlines put low time pilots in the RHS. Moreover, how many flight hours does a F-16 pilot have, the first time he flies solo? Besides all this, I suppose military pilots should be the first ones concerned by those UAVs. Last I read, Boeing is working on a UCAR - R standing for rotorcraft.

I am not favouring the idea of pilotless travel. I have started this thread because of the increasing number of articles and reports in the last few years.

7 7 7 7

Last edited by Squawk7777; 20th Nov 2002 at 23:48.