PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Italians new tax..... SNAFU
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2012, 15:52
what next

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down

1. What next - this will affect all of us, not just tax evading Mediterranean minorities. I feel for you in that you're homeland (and many others) are bailing these guys out of your taxes. Just imagine for one minute that your boss may consider selling his aircraft due to these increased operating overheads...

2. It's a disaster!

3. BTW are you speaking from an airline pilots viewpoint?
1.: My boss operates his aircraft under an AOC (not because he wants to evade taxes but becuause he really only uses it very little himself and therefore needs some way to make the thing pay for itself) so I will not be affected. Nor will be my students ( as well as most self-flying tourists) who tour Italy in flying club aircraft in order to bulid hours, because training aircraft are excemt from these taxes. According to the quoted italian legal text above of which I would like to see the first half!

2. As I said I lived in Italy for twenty years. Luxury tax is nothing new and has worked very well in the past (until Berlusconi abolished it to do himself and his friends a favor). The "redditometro" as it uses to be called never killed private aviation on the contrary, it explains the well-being of the Italian microlight industry.

3. No

Happy landings
Max