PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - is there such thing as Improved Vr for lighties.
Old 2nd Jan 2012, 13:56
in-cog-nito

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vr+10 is a bit too fast, particularly when you are trying to achieve a P-chart distance. OK, EN is pretty long and the Arrow is only a little aeroplane but, the mindset of 'tacking on a bit for Mum and the kids' can lead to embarassment one day down the track when you don't have 1500 odd metres to play with.

As previously mentioned. What does Mr. Piper say when it comes to flying his product?

"A careful study of the P charts showed we were good to go even at 100kg below MTOW." Are you sure?? Don't forget you are climb weight limited on such hot days! Ahhh..I miss the old Australian manual P-charts!

Density Altitude and its effects on aircraft performance seem to be forgeotten a bit by you low landlubbers by the sea as well. I reckon the density alt would have been about 3100ish today.

Please don't take this as a 'let's form a posse and lynch to nearest 300hour grade 3 instructor who didn't teach me the hot'n'high take off technique' post. I'm sure that would create more thread drift than a (said 300hour grade 3 instructor) P-plater in a Nissan Skyline.

Cheers for now,
In-cog