PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Marshall vs. Cathay Pacific Management
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2012, 11:22
bigjames

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
there are many threads with suggestions about how to improve security, but i am not sure they are relevant here.

i learned long ago that in every country, in every company, there are people who either consistently or for some reason on a certain day, act poorly to people in front of them. nothing in your crusade is going to change that. (although i wish it would). sometimes, you have to just learn the old "nobless oblige" thing and realize you are facing a person on a power trip who has all the systems behind him/her. self righteousness is never gonna win in that situation. i spent a few hours in cuffs at a jail house in the US on the night of my university graduation because i did something slightly wrong and the law acted way out of line in the circumstances. ever since then, when i see a situation like that, i am all "yessir, no sir" because being otherwise is not going to help my cause.

you may think that is weak and lame, but quite frankly, even if you "win" this case and your murphy guy gets sacked and ruined, it is not going to stop that mentality in small parts of the human race. just deal with it and move on. i have since been in much worse situations than you were just in and i got my way out of it and moved on.

but hey, maybe you will be like alec baldwin and gain some sort of fame for all that and there will be a skit on SNL or an appearance on letterman. if so, good for you, honestly. but i can assure you, you will end up with the short end of the stick again one day (as we all do from time to time) and my advice would be to shrug it off, laugh about it when the anger subsides, and move on.