PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Marshall vs. Cathay Pacific Management
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2012, 11:11
Sebastian Marshall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And to finish with, a quote from your own "transcript".

"....You’re sure you’re right, maybe you’re even right. I don’t know, maybe i’m just a jerk, the screwed up 200 people’s nights. American, he’s a jerk. screw him. Okay. Maybe that’s it, maybe that’s true...."

My Bold.

Good night
Right, I'm actually open to their perspective and the idea that I might be wrong. I was willing to discuss it. I was talking about how I want to get this over with and behind us, and Kenny brought up that 200 people's nights were wasted. I was open to their point of view - I said I think their manager wasted the time, but I can see how they'd see it differently.

You should probably just read entire thing in context, I was telling him I don't want to fight Cathay in public and a mutual apology would be enough for me -

SM: You think you gonna gain business if i fight you in public and release this. you think this is gonna help you? You think this can help you?

Kenny: Yes, but in case, surely you’re affecting over 200 of our customers and the flight has been delayed for 38 minutes..on this case.

Sm: Who’s fault is that? Mine?

Kenny: And..

SM: Mine? Or the guy who would have say “Sit down, we can talk about it when we get to Taipei” It was all empty, the business class. The business class is all empty by the way, there’s no one in business class, and i i told him if he just writes down and sign his decision, then i’ll get off or sit in the thing, before the flight is even delayed, he refused to do that. He could have done that. but he just threatened me.

Kenny: And also you refuse to go back to your seat.

SM: He threatened me. Would you accept a threat?

Kenny: Also you refuse to go back to sit at your seat right?

SM: All he had to do was to sign his decision, and write the facts, and sign it, and i would go, is that a reasonable thing?

Kenny: It’s not his decision, it’s the captain’s.

SM: The captain never said anything to go. He did not tell me to go.

Kenny: (Silence)

SM: Do you understand that the captain never told me to go?

SM: No? I got that on audio.

SM: DO YOU GET THAT I RECORDED EVERYTHING? Look, look, recording. I’ve got 2 -3 hours of this now. I don’t think you’ve realized what’s going on here. You’re like making the biggest mistake of your life, like it’s gonna ruin a lot of people’s lives. I don’t want to ruin a lot of people’s lives, which is why i’m here offering peace. You’re sure you’re right, maybe you’re even right. I don’t know, maybe i’m just a jerk, the screwed up 200 people’s nights. American, he’s a jerk. screw him. Okay. Maybe that’s it, maybe that’s true. It’s a about to get a lot worse. So i’m offering peace. A very simple peace. Don’t even apologize for what you did, just say we’re sorry tht a bad experience happened, no one will be at fault, i’m mutual apology. Hey if you refuse, that’s fine. you’re perogative, you can do whatever you like.

Kenny: You’ll fail.

SM (to Lai): Inspector, what can i do man? They wanted me to do it their way, but they’re acting actually wrong, they made two mistakes, they threatened me, they’re being rigid, stubborn, i think i’m being pretty cool here. You’re they one that told me don’t get a lawyer, just let it go, they’ll be cool, you’re mistaken. They’re not cool.