PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Marshall vs. Cathay Pacific Management
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2012, 11:06
Sebastian Marshall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Regrettably, several US administrations have done the same SM., and signing off as a 'Citizen of the USA', displays such out of touch arrogance that you'll always turn people off, yet you'll always be blind to that,.....and that is a shame, 'cos in soooo many ways you are right., look at how many (Thousands?) of threads are here on this site deploring the imbecilic behaviour of the TSA, and the actions you describe at CX, are, at least at face value, are as moronic as the TSA fiasco.
Thanks for the good discussion.

Let me ask you, you've got some good opinions here - how could things be different with management, security, etc?

I mean, me, whatever. Some people see this as "guy who held up plane (I don't think so by the way, Murphy just had to say his stuff again and it would have been over), screw him, what a jerk" and some people see this as "guy who says you can't make threats without creating a record of them, middle managers can't just threaten people and not be accountable, the world needs to run better than that."

You could look at it either way. As pilots, you don't want your time wasted. I know. The pilot was pretty cool to me, by the way. I read people pretty well, and I get the impression the middle manager was really disliked by everyone. Chubby guy in a power suit with a power haircut, bossy, demanding, insulting, patronizing, abusive.

But never mind him and me, how about in general? There's a bunch of threads on here about security/nonsense going too far? Well, I don't think it's going to change unless people make some intelligent suggestions and then push hard for that change. What should security look like, different than it is now, in everyone's opinion?