PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Marshall vs. Cathay Pacific Management
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2012, 09:50
Fliegenmong

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"Threatening people capriciously is wrong, we can't let jerks just threaten people and not be accountable."

Regrettably, several US administrations have done the same SM., and signing off as a 'Citizen of the USA', displays such out of touch arrogance that you'll always turn people off, yet you'll always be blind to that,.....and that is a shame, 'cos in soooo many ways you are right., look at how many (Thousands?) of threads are here on this site deploring the imbecilic behaviour of the TSA, and the actions you describe at CX, are, at least at face value, are as moronic as the TSA fiasco.

Still CX have the cards stacked in their interest via HKG air law, and other carriers are afforded the same level of unquestionable protection (as per SWH), and from an objective view it can be seen there is not much between an imbecile TSA employee and an arrogant CX employee when viewed through the paradigm of 'enhanced safety' due security concerns.

A 'catch all' ain't it?

Those Saudis are to blame are they not?, all the 911 culprits were Saudia nationals, they're curiously exempt though....yet the actions of their fellow countrymen bought about a massive decline in freedom and liberty in the west as we know it......and that is a real shame, but as you say SM, no accountability........

When travelling through the USA on staff tkts now, (leisure travel only but on staff tkts)and I'm stamped '---' on my boarding pass, I make sure to walk up to the nice TSA man with my hands on my head and make out that I am the criminal that they perceive me to be....invariably they ask me to put my hands down, and I reply, 'But Sir, you're swabbing my luggage for traces of explosives, clearly you believe me to be a threat to the country'

Reminds them of how f**king ridiculous they are, you see........so I can sympathise when you ask for written confirmation, but you're a commendable fool if you think you can better the situation, I wish you could, I wish we could, but at the end of the day the laws are in place to ensure whatever monkey tells you what hoop to jump through , you have to jump through

IMHO the actions of the (Predominately) Saudi 911 perpetrators have lessened our freedoms, and have given rise to all manner of 'Power Tripper' under the guise of 'enhanced security'

Not sure why so many Saudis nationals are allowed to perpetrate the 911 atrocities without accountability....maybe teh CX guy can give you a clue????