PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Marshall vs. Cathay Pacific Management
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2012, 08:42
Sebastian Marshall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just realized a number of people replying are Cathay pilots.

Look, maybe most of offloads deserve it and are jerks. Maybe. This isn't that, though. I've traveled through 60+ countries, flown a bunch, have acquaintances who are pilots, and never had anything remotely like this.

You're filtering what happened here through your own experience, probably imaging some guy being unreasonable. I wasn't. I explained to the manager reasonably that Cathay screwed up a bunch while the flight was still boarding, and he went right to demands/threats. When I asked for a record of that (written or audio), he called the police.

You can say whatever you like about being an American, make insults, whatever. I stand up for what I think is right. Threatening people capriciously is wrong, we can't let jerks just threaten people and not be accountable.

Some people here have been damn nasty. I've explained what happened and answered questions pretty reasonably, and you guys are kind of making insults. Whatever, it's a pilot's forum, you blow off steam here, someone's fighting your company's management, maybe you sympathize with them, or think that if I got offloaded I must have deserved it, or that you think it wasn't the right call to insist that his threats and jerk behavior be recorded for posterity because it screws up timetables.

Okay. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. But I think what they did was really wrong, and I was willing to take a lot of cost, a lot of stress, a lot of risk, and ruin my entire vacation to fix things after working 30 days straight. I'm damn sincere that things need change. Maybe you disagree. But that's what's happening here.