PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Marshall vs. Cathay Pacific Management
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2012, 08:30
Sebastian Marshall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two questions for critics -

1. Is it smart to call the police instead of repeating yourself after someone turns on an audio recorder?

2. Is lying to the police wrong?

As soon as I saw this guy's "title" I had had enough. For someone to actually state in writing in a complaint to the police that his "title" (below his name/signature) is "Citizen of the United States of America" is so incredibly ridiculous, arrogant, delusional, laughable, meaningless and stupid, and filled with some sense of entitlement to special treatment, I no longer had any respect for this guy or his argument.
I mention I'm American because my country strongly protects free speech rights abroad if a citizen gets in trouble for releasing information about true events. The American Consulate would intervene if I was arrested, whereas a less influential country might not be able to. I wanted Cathay management, legal, etc to know that.

Again - threatening police action against someone being polite is a very big deal - you can't refuse accountability for that. If you think calling the police is a superior option to just repeating your decision once a paying customer asks for it on audio, then your ethics are so far different from mine that I don't know what else to tell you.