PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Moremi Air van down
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2012, 06:27
cavortingcheetah
Está servira para distraerle.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Most excellently amusing post although I doubt the intention was for it to be entirely that. I would suggest, in the absence of facts, that it is difficult to be anything other than subjective.
Objectivity isn't really a concept but more of a way of looking at something through a series of true and provable facts. One of these facts might be for example, whether any modifications to an aircraft had been approved by any relevant authority.
Until such time as a fact like that were determined, it's really only possible to be subjective which is where this sort of forum seems to get mixed up among those who would like to arrive at a certain objectivity but who can only make determinations of opinion relevant to subjectivity. Therefore it seems pointless to discuss the actual incident any further until sufficient facts have been made available to enable an objective deduction.
It seems logical to assume that only a government board of inquiry would have either the authority or the ability to assemble these facts and present them for the consumption of interested parties or enthusiasts.
As for the rye smile? I think not. Rye grass (Lolium) is a tufted perennial which might be an appropriate description of some of the posts here which are patchy in parts.
The Americans make Rye Whisky and horrid stuff it is too! The smile itself of course should be described as a wry one.
Nonetheless though, a valiant attempt at dry humor and a pun of some excellence under the circumstances much appreciated and acknowledged as such without any overt element of condescension.

Last edited by cavortingcheetah; 2nd Jan 2012 at 23:05. Reason: Change of colonoscopic construction.