PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - fireman sam...
Thread: fireman sam...
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2002, 12:46
Target seen...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dicky the Pig

Obviously those northern extremes of Ice Station Kilo have made you forget that there is an Air Force out there where the aircrew work for a living - 7 months in a tent in the extreme climates of this world gives me some authority to comment on this matter - And before you ask about the remaining 5, they were just as busy all week and weekends and equating to far more than 48 hours. And don't consider that a whinge - just doing my job.

I was not suggesting that I was right and the fireman are wrong - merely echoing Grim W, Swinging M and Paradoor - they are paid well for a short week, the job is not that dangerous(comparatively I grant you, but ask a certain ex-fireman, now Crewman who had to increase his life insurance considerably on change of trade) and who do you think is going to end up paying for such a large pay rise which will end up being for all public sector workers??? - We are - the tax payer.

All public sector workers do a valuable job and should receive a wage to reflect such. I think fireman should look at the skill level and pay of their peers, and then ask themselves if they are really worth 40% more - in my opinion, not.

Oh, and thanks for getting personal - helps no end to back your argument!!! What will it be - standard banter response next???

Tried to get tickets for a flight to your world...didn't have any in my class...