PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - blood pressure problems
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2012, 02:39
flyinhi777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blood pressure problems

I am a student pilot and a about a week before my solo my dog chewed up my wallet and medical. I have high blood pressure, which is not a big deal in its self and i had to send a request to the faa to get another. I did that and they had me do a ecg, blood work, and I had to have a letter from my treating doctor. I a while back about 3weeks before I had this weird thing happen where I started sweating and got flushed. Nothing else happend no chest pain an i did not get dizzy or anything in that era. My doctor included these 2 isolated problems in the letter and stated that they where probably do to being overlymedicated becuase I have white coat syndrom and my body in response to the blood pressure meds lowering it to much shot it up and caused these spells(both times happend after my meds got increased). Sense than I have been put on a diet and started running and I am coming off most if not all the meds, mean while my blood pressure has been aroun 115/60 and have not had another one of these episodes. Keep in mind im only 16 and in other wise good health. My question is will they give me my medical back or if they do will it be an SI? thanks again. I have the first class medical also.