PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Marshall vs. Cathay Pacific Management
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2012, 23:16
swh

Eidolon

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Sebastian Marshall
the appropriate response isn't to call the police.
The people reading this thread have been in aviation for years, we know that police are not called as a first response. We know police would have been called as a last resort.

We also know the Hong Kong Aviation Security Ordinance, and that obstructing crew and unruly behaviour is an offence punishable with up to 5 years imprisonment. It is not and specific airline policy or procedure, it is Hong Kong law. If you tried that on any carrier from any country whilst in Hong Kong, and failed to move when requested, the appropriate response is to get the police involved. The behaviour you described in my opinion is contrary to Hong Kong law.

I would have had a long hard think about making that statement you posted on your blog to the police, I do not think you thought about the implications that that statement would have under the Hong Kong Aviation Security Ordinance. Likewise making public statements that you have all of the events as an audio recording in my view has been ill thought out by you considering the implications under the Hong Kong Aviation Security Ordinance. Likewise remaining in Hong Kong where you could still be arrested under the Hong Kong Aviation Security Ordinance in my view has been ill though through.

I look forward to the new entry on another blog, Stupid Criminals - Dumb Crooks - Funny Stories Jokes Humor And Satire

It is not reasonable to delay an aircraft 200 pax and around 14 crew for 40 minutes and potentially causing cascading delays through the day, delaying another aircraft and cargo, and another group of passengers, and possibly other connecting flights.

It is not reasonable to have an assigned economy boarding pass and economy seat allocation and fail to sit in that seat.

It is not reasonable to not to comply with a reasonable request to move to the seat that is printed on the boarding pass.

It is not reasonable to request that that direction be issued to you in writing, when the seat assignment was issued in writing.

It is not reasonable to expect further carriage after you had been offloaded due to your behaviour.

It is not reasonable to expect a refund after you had been offloaded due to your behaviour.

I would like to see people who hold aircraft up like this to have to pay for the delay, there is a real tangible cost in delaying and aircraft, 200 passengers, 14 odd crew, cargo, ground equipment, and ground staff.

Originally Posted by L'aviateur
I appreciate what happened to you was intimidating and upsetting, but something still doesn't add up with your story.
That all starts with the sort of person that buys a BA Y class ticket to go from PEK to TPE, flies the first sector with KA.....and then states "the tickets are kind of irrelevant"....

Somehow it is all the fault of CX ???????