PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QRA question
Thread: QRA question
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2012, 16:39
BEagle

Received 276 Likes on 112 Posts
Courtney, old horseman, one would NEVER pass an incorrect position! All I meant was we'd pass you DD:MM.mm values rather than DD:MM.m!

Spot W/V was also passed, as Take That has said. In degT, of course....

I certainly enjoyed sitting on tanker Q and taking some happy snaps of the opposition. I used to take a copy of the Sun calendar on such trips - there was a picture of the pneumatic Sam Fox against a black background which showed up very well when held against the DV window. The effect on the Sov.s was electrifying - little faces in rubber Ivan hats would appear at every window beckoning us for a look. Little does Sam Fox realise what part her parts played in Glasnost! Although a journo did promise me that he'd tell her.

We also taped 'Colorado ATIS' which was the Bear crews' chat frequency, then sent the tapes off to the spies. Years later one told me that one of the chats was far from operational and concerned the amorous activities of one of the pilots during their Cuba det.

Incidentally, I don't know whether some of the codewords mentioned on this thread are still current, so have used veiled speech instead.