PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Marshall vs. Cathay Pacific Management
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2012, 13:49
Sebastian Marshall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The whole day was whacky. I wound up with two economy tickets, a paper receipt that said "First Class" on it, and seated in business on my first flight.

I went to the business class lounge to clear this up between flights. I was about to ask they change the paper, but they scanned my economy-class ticket, it beeped, and said, "Oh, you're cleared for the first class lounge" and they asked a staff member to walk me there. Then I figured things were okay, they'd already been sloppy and made mistakes a bunch.

Mind you, there were mistakes even before that, before I paid additional money... then more mistakes... then I asked politely for the manager, and then he basically instantly threatens me (and boarding wasn't over yet, so no one was being delayed).

You can't just take those threats - I said, write it down or record it, and I'll do exactly what you want. Would've taken 15 seconds and then he'd have gotten his way.

Me? I think he knows he screwed up and didn't want a record of it.

When a really unhappy customer says there's multiple mistakes, he's holding a receipt that says First Class and says there was an error and he was seated in business, and another error, and... y'know?

Threatening someone who says your airline's already made multiple mistakes that day, holding two economy tickets, and a first class upgrade receipt on paper, who said he was seated in business on the first flight, and said the business class lounge said he's in first...

Y'know? Whacky day. And then this power-tripping manager threatens me right away. He doesn't say get off the plane and talk about it (I would have said yes), he doesn't put his decision in writing or say it again once the recorder is on (I would have complied), he just... instantly calls the police. And here we are.

> "Your blog stinks of something I hate, mainly hailing from the awesome United States of America and that is trying to make something out of nothing so as to get maximum compensation."

I do want max compensation - but not for myself. The pilot on the flight should be compensated for a manager lying and misrepresenting that the orders came from him (Cathay reps lied later, on audio). Cabin crew should be compensated. So should all the passengers, and Cathay should donate to charity and enact a reform.

I despise money, myself. If my costs get covered here and they reform, I'm happy.