PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Marshall vs. Cathay Pacific Management
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2012, 13:15
SloppyJoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few questions that require a very simple answer.

Did you have a business class boarding card?

Did you have a receipt showing you had just paid for an upgrade but received an economy class boarding card instead?

If you had neither of the above you should not have sat in business class regardless of how badly you thought CX had been treating you recently. It does not matter if you think you deserve to sit there due to the hard time you had been having. If you demanded it in writing that you move back to economy without holding a business class boarding pass (could understand if you did have the boarding pass about wanting it in writing), I would throw you off the plane. You may think you are blazing a way for public rights and sticking it to da man but sorry to burst your bubble, this **** happens a lot. Usually the person will say "fair enough" and move back to the seat he paid for. If they refuse unless it is in writing or on audio (without a boarding pass) I would be glad that the police were called and got you pulled off the plane. A delay can be very costly and frustrating and dealing with is easier off the plane than on it.

Once on an aircraft it is not the time to argue for an upgrade, do it at the check in desk.

If you did hold a business class boarding pass or receipt showing the upgrade then I hope you win. If not, give it a rest. Save your money, you will not get anywhere with this and will end up looking like a .

Did you have a business boarding pass or receipt showing the upgrade?

Your blog stinks of something I hate, mainly hailing from the awesome United States of America and that is trying to make something out of nothing so as to get maximum compensation. Please explain how other passengers were put at risk by the actions of this manager? You say it on numerous occasions but never elaborate. How were they put at risk?