PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Marshall vs. Cathay Pacific Management
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2012, 11:27
Sebastian Marshall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the reply.

I don't know anything about this forum, except that coonabarabran posted the thread, Hedo Rick said I seem eccentric but have a valid argument, and then some guys here called me a prick and such.

> Most of us have been, and will continue to be, subjected to the inflated ego of some insignificant low-level manager who try to throw their weight around "because they can". YET, despite our strong opinions on this matter, you have received a grand total of zero sympathy from us.

I think almost everyone has had a situation where they were badly mistreated and just "took it" in order to "be reasonable and keep things moving."

99% of the time, you know what happens after that?

Nothing.

I'm trying to change things. This jerk manager at Cathay screwed a lot of people's lives, and does so frequently. Standing up to him makes a wave right now, and hopefully clears the future up for a better world.

I don't like being put in harm's way and having my entire vacation screwed up (I'm still in HK, never got to Taipei).

But to me, it's a relatively small price to pay to not let coercive, abusive people keep muscling their way through the world. The dude threatens me when I tell him (politely) that he made a mistake, and calls the police when I ask him to put his threat in writing (and said I'd comply if he did).

I'm pro-pilot. Maybe I fit the model of a guy who is an asshole, or whatever. Maybe I am an asshole, I don't know. But hey - say my facts check out. You can believe me or not, but let's say they did make multiple mistakes, the guy threatens me without listening to me, and calls the police when I ask him to make a permanent record of his decision.

Would that be wrong? Should we strive to change that?