PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Marshall vs. Cathay Pacific Management
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2012, 10:36
broadband circuit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There's a few things I can't understand.

1. If you did pay extra cash in PEK, then you should have a receipt, or a credit card statement as proof of payment. If you do have such a receipt, it should be an open & shut case against the airline. I assume you produced said receipt to the HKP at the time of arrest. So, why the big carry on?

2. What in the world possessed you to put "Citizen of the United States of America" at the end of your blog? No one cares where you're from. If you've been dealt with unfairly, then you deserve justice, whomever you may be, and wherever you're from.

3. This is a forum about Hong Kong aviation, mainly frequented by pilots (many of whom are employed by the said airline that you are in dispute with), yet you seem to be almost patting yourself on the back for informing us about the 49ers, a subject that is VERY familiar to all of our hearts:

please note that Cathay management fired the 49 pilots that enforced safety standards at Cathay
If you want to know the truth about the 49rs Mr Marshall, I suggest that you do what most of us (including myself) did, and buy the book "The 49ers, The True Story". It's available on Amazon & in bookstores in Hong Kong, and I believe an e-version is available for kindle. Not only will you learn the facts behind the story, but as you have stated your charitable credentials (which I actually respect and am not belittling), you'll be pleased to learn that the profits from your purchase will go to some of the actual 49ers.

4. As I said, this forum is full of pilots employed by the said airline which you are in dispute with, and to be honest, about 98% of those here totally DETEST the management team, and the way that they treat us, and our co-workers. Most of us have been, and will continue to be, subjected to the inflated ego of some insignificant low-level manager who try to throw their weight around "because they can". YET, despite our strong opinions on this matter, you have received a grand total of zero sympathy from us.

Good day to you Sir.