PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Marshall vs. Cathay Pacific Management
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2012, 03:47
Sebastian Marshall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys,

I'm Sebastian Marshall, I'm the guy that got violently dragged off the airplane.

Thanks for discussing me here.

A few points -

*They screwed up multiple times in the day.
*I asked to speak to a manager while the flight was still boarding.
*He threatened me when I told them they made mistakes.
*I asked him to put that in writing or on audio.
*He then called the police instead of addressing me.

The pilot came out and spoke with me, he was kind of amused by the whole situation. I said, "Hi pilot, sorry about this, Asia is kind of ****** up huh? This guy just threatens me when I ask him to put his bad decision in writing, and then calls the police instead of talking to me."

He was amused, we chatted in a friendly way, and so on.

Mind you, I got violently dragged off a plane, and no charges were brought against me. That should tell you something...

Also, please note that Cathay management fired the 49 pilots that enforced safety standards at Cathay (the "49ers case", you can see it on Wikipedia), and perjured themselves in that case.

Maybe I could have handled this more elegantly, but you should know where I'm at - I worked for 30 days straight, between 6 and 22 hours per day every day. I was brought in to build an educational services company in Beijing, I was putting together marketing events between a top jeweler and a top hotel chain, I put together a team to put out a book in one week (
Ikigai Ikigai
, it's gotten great reviews, all of my share of profits goes to charity, check it out - people are saying it's life-changing), and I'm trying to build an orphanage in Ulaanbaatar. (I hired an architect, and will try to meet the Mongolian Ambassador to the PRC when I get back to China.)

So I'm quite busy. Then I get to PEK and Cathay screws up my booking and no one wants to fix it. I pay more money to upgrade again, they screw up again, and then some power-tripping loser threatens violence on me for saying his company made a mistake? I said, "Put it in writing, or on recorded audio, and I'll do what you want." He called the police instead.

...and here we are. I'll stand up for pilots, for cabin crew, for passengers, and for the police. Maybe I come across a little abrasive - I understand that, if I do - but it's because I'm moving fast and trying to change the world.

Thank you for discussing this, and best wishes,

Sebastian Marshall