PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Corporate Air Charter Karartha Positions
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2012, 01:29
Harry Cooper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do your homework and get everything in writing. Try using the search function to see what has been previously said about this operation. If your after jet time, probably better off elsewhere. To answer your questions though, when I was there it was;

24 hours on standby (from 9am to 9am) then 24 hours off;

Cattle class travel booked at the last minute, don't expect to leave when you want or had planned to;

You'd have to discuss with management as to their "understanding" of the 2 on/2 off. Again get in writing.

Accomodation was a new house when I was there, shared with the other 3 guys. Great house, plenty of room but a lot of sitting around so 2 weeks would certainly be enough. Rent was covered by the company while I was there. They also provided 2 vehicles, 1 for each crew.

Only averaged around 10 hours a month while there. Supposedly a training allowance of a couple of hours a week but you'll have to push hard to get it.

The original aircraft that was there was a really nice machine, the current contractor has supplied what is possibly the oldest C550 in the country and unfortunately it shows.

Good luck, I hope things have improved since then.