PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The switch between AIRLINE job and BIZ jet job
Old 31st Dec 2011, 18:22
RainingLogic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's becoming a well known fact that Military and airlines are culling for robots that take orders, specifically culling out independent thinkers.

More then a few biz jet owners are getting wise to this when they hire some guy who says he flew all the heavy stuff but can't plan a trip, the plane stays down for 3 months, or just can't 'get it done' on the fly.

The last guy I had to deal with was an ex Eastern Capt. that practically brought down an Fortune 100 flight dept, more types then god, but he was doing so much cowboy flying, that his FO quit, the FAA was called in, and I was brought in as a witness to talk about simple crap like weight and balance, performance and planning. Everyone was scratching their heads at what this guys was doing. I mean once he flamed out on the roll out, the fuel was so low, but he would never fly about FL350 because he thought any depressurization above that alt was instant death. He had so many holes in his aviation knowledge it was scary, and he had an L1011 type, he was a check airman back in the day, on and on.

He was the perfect example of a guy at the right place, the right time, greasing the right wheels but literally could barely tie his shoes.