PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pay to Fly (Merged Feb '12)
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2011, 12:16
BigNumber

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post #9 by tarmac12

Well; from reading the various latter contributions it might be argued that my posts are indeed valid?

Life Experience? Can you elucidate where I might be lacking perhaps? Do you mean married, children, mortgage, permanent salaried flying job, Ex Military Pilot?

250 hours? Do you mean a quarter? or Annually? Or do you mean waiting at Signature EGGW (LTN)?

And here is the problem with pprune; Anonymity.

Clearly the identity of our contributors MUST stay anonymous but surely there is a place for transparent credentials? Am I offering an opinion lacking life experience? Lacking any professional Licence? Having never held and holding a Flying Job? sat in my Mums house logging 250hrs on FS98! This has been suggested by tarmac12 and who can blame him.

...................Or perhaps the truth is the polar opposite?

With things so tough is there not a place for an honesty / transparency thread where wannabes can gain proper credible advise from people that actually fly for a living? Having climbed the slippery pole to get into long term, tenable, positions paying family supporting salaries. Suely, if proven worthy, these posts hold more weight? More Wheat, Less Chaff; thus the twaddle little noodle posts could be viewed for what they are.

Properly moderated, I would be delighted to join a private forum having proven my hand (not my name); I wonder if tarmac12 would be? I doubt it.

Tarmac12, why do you despise P2F? You don't go down to the local golf club to sling abuse at the fee paying membership as they tee off at the 1st? They've paid their money so they are entitled to have a game. P2F is exactly the same; do you not think that Tiger Woods paid the odd green fee in the early days? Some will never turn pro but at least they have had a chance to use their licence and have some cherished memories to dine out on. No one is suggesting P2F is a job; it is however a lots of fun, and will have a better chance of leading to a job than gaining some FI time out of a grass strip.