PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Moremi Air van down
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2011, 07:05
Exascot
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flying Ham, I can see both, your points, and those of Capt Livingstone. Firstly the CEO is not a 'woman' she is a 'lady'. Regarding liability we need 'Flying Lawyer' but I am not sure if he follows this particular forum. My main involvement with operations was in the military where, if you like, I was 'Ops Manager' for many heavy 4 jets and their crews. The situation there is completely different where the Authorising Officer and the Captain are the first in the firing line. I was only a line pilot in the airlines. I am not 100% sure of the legal responsibilities held by the directors and management of an air charter company.

In Greece we had a passenger ship go down close our location in 2000. Over 80 passengers died. The Chairman of the company threw himself out of his office window on the top floor of their shipping office. He obviously considered himself liable.

On that cheerful note may I wish everyone a happy and successful 2012. Special good wishes to those hoping for jobs here in Maun. I also hope that we get some official feedback very soon about this accident so that Moremi Air can restructure instead of re-branding and get on with their business.