PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 final crew conversation - Thread No. 1
Old 31st Dec 2011, 07:01
iceman50

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gretchenfrage

Can I assume your last post was directed at me as you have not addressed it?

If so, I think you are now being childish as my comments about sidesticks were directed at Bubbers who keeps insisting that if it had been a "real" airliner with a yoke instead of a sidestick it would not have happened.

As for the design being wrong that is your opinion and you are entitled to it, what would be interesting to know is your experience/knowledge in making this statement. Having flown A330 and A340 for the last 16 years, I do not see it as a design problem. We do not need stick shakers nor pushers in Normal law and in ALTN law the A/C was shouting at the AF crew that it was stalled. That is until it was held into a regime that no airliner was expected to be put in by a competent pilot. Perhaps you should speak to the designers of all the new military A/C as most cannot be flown without the use of technology and the "pilot" only makes requests through a computer.

As for the "simple" red button that gives control back by switching off some Prims and Sec's, way too complicated and dangerous. How would it work with the MEL and if the pilot was getting totally confused and thinks by removing the protections he will be safer, stand by for some major accidents / incidents. As pilots knowing our A/C, no matter what manufacturer, is the only option and continuing the learning process not just sitting back accepting the paycheck each month.