PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2012-13 Leave allocation
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2011, 00:29
crewsunite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Complain bitch etc but don't change the system!!

The system works well!!! The only problem is CX
1) Don't allocate enough slots throughout the year. (but this has nothing to do with the system)
2) They work stack and as a result we should now get 3hrs credit per day!

Points - Are the best way! It allows more junior crew to build up points within 5yrs to enable to compete with others esp when they young and have kids.

It allows "smart" senior guys (whom have built points) to have a high chance of getting leave when they want.

I flew with a very senior Cpt whom was bitching about the system that needs to be changed into a "seniority based", as he has been here 20+ yrs and cannot get school holidays to enjoy being with his "2nd" family!

I then discussed points system - He did not even after 20yrs fully understand how it all works and as a result has not built sufficient points.

I almost lost it but kept it to myself. Since many older guys just don't plan correctly and end up playing the Seniority game to fix the wrongs of there past!

(Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of young guys without a clue as well)

The main point is if you don't understand the system - Don't complaint!
Educate yourselves! Then stick together "somehow, god help us" and try change the important things. Like Credit hrs, work stacking, and crew shortage! and the millions of other outstanding things..

And if you fatigued, stressed and your family does not know you and your wife threatens divorce etc. Go see the CX Doc and get a months off and create your own leave slot!