PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Paul Holmes and Erebus
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2011, 18:56
framer

Received 481 Likes on 129 Posts
This is rediculous. The people arguing that the crew hold zero responsibility have never held that same resposibility, and will never fully understand that resposibility unless they retrain and take it on themselves. (thats not a dig, it's my experience that that is the case).
Dozy, when, as Pin C of a heavy jet, would you consider it prudent to fly 250kts, 1500ft, clean, straight and level?
FGD is the only one who answered my earlier question about this. He thinks as long as there is 20km viz. (what a coincidence).
How about, when you've never been to an area before, there are snow showers and a reported 2000ft cloud base, you've told your crew that 'it's hard to distinguish between cloud and ice', you know there is terrain in the vicinity and that you're not over the ocean. Is that the appropriate time to do it? I really want to know if you think that is reasonable as FGD would say. Also, we are not talking about allocating all of the resposibility to the crew, just pointing out that Holmes' proposition that the government acknowledge that they hold no resposibility for the crash is not on. They hold some responsibility for the aircraft being flown into Erebus.