PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2011, 13:12
schweizer2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey guys,

I have actually done a lot of studying for the technical questions, did lots of research on CX aircrafts, the history, destinations etc I used a lot more then just the JKI for technical stuff. JKI booklet is definately no where near enough for a technical interview, especially if your asked to go in more details.

This was for the full 61 week course, I do hold a CPL but dont meet the hour requirements for the shorter courses.

I was asked about the technical questions that I received in my previous attempt but was not asked to answer any of them.

This could have simply been that there was no pilots available at the time of the interview, perhaps if I am invited to Stage 2 they will focus a lot on the technical side. I still highly recommend people who have a Stage 1 in the future to study technical stuff aswell, never know what will be asked in the interview. Better to be prepared then not!

Thanks for the engine info Luigorgor, had that all covered but overlooked the 747-8F!

They did ask me what fleet I could be placed on when I finish the course. Then asked me how long the 3 different courses were but that is all.

Also as far as im concerned, the other 2 candidates had a similar interview to mine, no technical questions.

Please dont take this as a "guess there is no tech questions in stage 1" It all depends on who gives the interview, so study hard!

Feel free to ask any more questions.