PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2011, 12:09
schweizer2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just done stage 1 today.

There were 3 of us involved this morning and the process was very straight forward. Mood felt a bit relaxed in the office, most likely due to staff being away on holidays etc.

From the 3 candidates there, I was the only one who was not on the first attempt.

When we were all there, someone came and spoke to us about how the process would go and took all our copies of resume, high school results etc.

I started the day with the 45 minutes interview, all done on personality and about me, no technical questions asked. It felt more of a casual yet formal conversation to get to know me. Non of the questions involved the history of CX, fleet, profit or anything, all questions were about me.

After the interview I was given a 5 minute break where I would then proceed and do the JKI test, very straight forward as long as you know whats in the booklet they send in advance. As stated on the cover of the booklet, it is up to the candidate to dig for more detail. Had a few questions about pressure instruments, forces acting in flight, engines and about the company itself.

When I was done with the JKI test, I handed in my results in the office and was asked if I wanted more then a 5 minute break befor starting the next test, reasoning test.

For the reasoning test, its quite simple if you are good and finding solutions to patterns, no other way to prepare other then just do Raven's progressive Matrices (APM) as that is the exact booklet they give.
The first part of this test involved 12 questions to be done in a short amount of time, no stress as it is very straight forward patterns.
Same process for the 2nd test, this time 30 questions and much harder, given more then enough time and if you have done some work on Raven's test it should be rather straight forward with the occasional tricky one.

Once this was completed I was offered yet another break so I could have a glass of water and use the toilets if needed.

Last thing to do was the personality test, cant prepare for this, just be absolutely honest. It is computer based, not given a great deal of time but more then enough to complete the task which is mainly just putting in order from best to worst which best describes me.

I was instructed that I was free to leave as soon as I finished the test on the computer.

We were told in the e-mail inviting us that Stage 1 would be held between 9:00 and 14:30, all 3 of us left the building befor 1 pm.

I felt that the staff in the office were very friendly and willing to help us with any questions that we had. Everything was very clear and each test/process was explained very well. We were encouraged to ask any questions if necessary.

Sorry if it all feels like the sentences are long winded, I have had a long day and I am quite tired, I just felt I should write my experience for people to read whilst it was still fresh in my mind.

Will let people know when I receive either a phone call to invite me for Stage 2 or the dreadful e-mail of rejection.

Have a good night all.