PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Moremi Air van down
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2011, 11:44
flying ham

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ULTIMATE RESPONSIBILITY lies with the Operations staff

Yes Martin was the Operations Manager. But I mentioned "Long Term Negligence". There have been previous Operations staff (Ops Managers and Chief Pilot's) through their other accidents. When the Lawyers get involved and they always do, they are going to be looking at the litany of the accidents the Company had in such a short period of time, and looking very closely at what the company did to stop the bleeding if that is the right phrase. Did they make any attempt to change the way they were doing things or did they just proceed ahead and silence any dissenters that surfaced. Owing to the fact that Martin had resigned over concerns with Operations I would think it was more of "silence the dissenters" type thinking. My understanding is that Moremi Air has gone through a lot of Operations Managers and Chief Pilot's over the past 5 years. That could indicate a reason for concern depending on why these people left. Concerning you comment about the Chief Pilot and Safety Officer being frustrated, well just remember they are ultimately legally responsible for how the operation is conducted, so if they think they can say 'but I was just following orders of the CEO' and they are off the hook - ha, good luck with that one on the legal side. Add my previous posts (#62 and #122). Don’t focus on the mistake but the way it was handled by the individual and then the fact the Company went ahead and put him in charge of Safety - that is the thinking I am talking about. What message is that sending? Now to your other comment - this woman (the 'she' you mentioned) who is the CEO, it sounds like you know more than you are saying. How do you think she attempted to cover this up? Do tell!!

Last edited by flying ham; 31st Dec 2011 at 14:58.