PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Blue crash was caused by Captain
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2011, 16:36
maajam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was, Sir, some time ago.

But suppose I was not. Why does that detract from what I say? Why does it diminish my credibility? I hope I talk aviation-sense, at least some of the time, and ask reasonable questions?

Surely, I am entitled to participate with members of this august forum from that stand-point alone, even as a lowly probationer?!

Do let me know if you think I am not and I will exit gracefully, with thanks for sharing your insights and expertise with me.

As for the author of the article, I don't know him personally but he is probably the only sensible and coherent writer on aviation matters in the country and I always read him. I don't know his background other than what is stated but he seems to be well-versed in the subject and often elicits favorable comments from readers. He also writes extensively on economic matters, a subject on which he is also very competent and highly respected (again based on readers' comments or articles which quote him).

The others who write on aviation-related matters are quite dreadful and even comments from the aviation authorities (the CAA) are amateurish. They are mostly retired former air-force officials from whom one would expect better.

There was a Letter to the Editor from somone residing in the Gulf castigating the CAA for a "third-rate" report. I do not share that view. It could have been better, and certainly longer than just 38 pages with more detail (full CVR/DFDR and maps and graphs), but it gets to the heart of the matter.