PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Blue crash was caused by Captain
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2011, 13:25
maajam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sir,

When a crew is implicated as in this case, the families always suffer and the immediate family suffer the most. This is not country-specific. It happens everywhere.

We lament that the dead cannot defend themselves. If you fly like this, you will be very dead and take a lot of people with you.

"Blame-game"?

Is there a dispute as to who is to blame? As far as I can gather, blame is being apportioned where blame is due. No one is challenging the findings of the report except a few individuals that feel that calling it "pilot error" is simplistic and a cop-out, or, in the case of the conspiracy-minded (which are in plentiful supply), a "cover-up" of darker forces at play. What those might be, I have no idea -- and neither do they.

Aviation matters only to be left to aviators? Excuse me?

Everone can and should be involved and be free to speak their mind. The Cabinet, National Assembly, Courts, Media and so on. They may not be terribly well-versed on the subject of commercial aviation and flight safety but they have the right to ask questions and get answers with the goal of making the system safer.

That is why I am here even if I am not a current jet-jock flying out of OPRN. I am here to learn from people obviously far more able than I, and to ask why, given the most sophisticated systems known to man at your finger-tips, and with all that training and all that experience, how and why this accident could happen.

Have a safe flight, Sir.