PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Tornado/Patriot
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2011, 09:26
Distant Voice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It seems to me that there is plenty of material that Mr Haddon-Cave would have been made aware of

What I find difficult to understand is that H-C spends some 174 pages dealing with the Nimrod safety case, and how people like Baber and Eagles failed to recognise the fact that Dry Bay No.7 did not have fire detection and suppression, and yet the abuse of the STF procedure and in particular an important witness statement at the Inquest, gets no mention. In fact H-C has the impertinence to state, "The Inquest produced little factual evidence of value to the Review" The witness statement indicates a clear violation of the Nimrod safety case; unofficial amendments to RTS document, equipment installed on the galley table, circuit breakers being used as switches etc.

The abuse of the STF procedure features in nearly all the ARTs produced during the 1990s, but nothing was done to correct the problem by the CEs (RAF) of the time. As Tuc says, H-C goes out of his way to praise these people for creating the "golden period" of airwothiness. From comments made on this thread it would appear that IFF Mode 4 on the Tornado was installed by the STF procedure.

The following is a recent statement issued by MoD, which shows how determined they are to prevent the truth being exposed;

I am writing to advise you that your requests are being refused under Section 14(1) of the FOI Act as they are considered to be vexatious. Furthermore, the Department has
decided that all future requests made by you on the subject of Nimrod engineering and airworthiness will be regarded as a vexatious request under Section 14(1)

DV

Last edited by Distant Voice; 29th Dec 2011 at 09:53.