PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ethiopian
Thread: ethiopian
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2011, 06:35
cavortingcheetah
Está servira para distraerle.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A slight digression, if I may please, in response to a previous question. I should have thought that, by definition, an expatriate can come from any country and thus, axiomatically, may be of any ridiculous color or shape. However, it seems to me that it would be perfectly possible to describe an expatriate pilot thus.
A pilot who cannot find satisfactory employment within his own country for one reason or another, including his inability to meet the standards set as the norm within the aviation industry in that country who then finds employment in another country, often one where the culture is alien to his own, where the standards of aviation development, safety and skill either may be or usually are at a significantly lower level than prevail in the country from which the pilot is seeking to becoming an ex patriate. That's just a theoretical explanation based upon empirical evidence as might be provided by Mr Spock, commissioned rank officer in Star Fleet Command, I believe. Last year, just, Ethiopian appointed its first female Captain, Amsale Gualu so one presumes that, perhaps under certain conditions, females might also be considered for various positions.