PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Learning to fly in Scotland
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2011, 23:23
Richard PPL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheers Everyone!

A really friendly welcome to the forum!

I know weight is a sensitive subject, but I'm confident this is the kick I need to get back into shape! I did it once before when I got married so I have the will power. Will definately need to break the biscuits in two, let them calories out - Top advice

I have been checking online for course materials, are yours recent Jim? Or are they not the kind of books that go out of date so to speak? If I could get some before I'm due back I could get some study in when I'm away.

Can you take some of the theory exams before flying? Just thinking ahead to get some of the hard stuff out the way early.

I love learning new things, and I have always wanted to fly, but my career took a different path when I was offered my training with my current employer when I was 17 and havent looked back, jobs were thin on the ground when I left school so getting sponsored training and a pretty decent future career was to good to turn down.

On the medical standards the Eng 1 is pretty tough and intensive, it gets more difficult to pass each year. Though each year the Dr still tells me to loose weight or face restrictions.

Also I dont expect to do it in 45 hours - I took tons of lessons before I could drive!! (dont know if thats a bad sign)

I'm really looking forward to 2012, and to hopefully meeting up with a few of you during my training!

Thanks Again
Richard

PS Jim I dont know if I can send PMs yet but would be interested in your books if they are what I need.