PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will Other Controversial BOI's Be Reviewed?
Old 28th Dec 2011, 20:18
Courtney Mil

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by John Blakeley
The loss of Tornado F3 ZH558 near Akrotiri on 1 Jul 1994 should , in my view, certainly be looked at again - the time frame of the investigation and RO's comments closely parallel those of the Mull.
I'm very interested in this one, John, and thank you for raising it. I was the crew's flight commander at the time and had the horror of identifying their bodies. The background is very complicated and steeped in politics. It is an incident that haunts me today. I'm sure you will understand that there is much that cannot be divulged here. I would be interrested in your thoughts. Especially as to why. I made only a very brief reference to it in my journal at the time (edited before I put it in the public domain).

ZH558 Crash

More generally, I could not agree more about certain AOC's over-ruling/ignoring BoIs' findings. My last job in the RAF was as President on one. Fortunately, I won that one, although I don't think that man concerned ever knew at what cost.

Harrier BOI

I'm sure many here will be very familiar with both. But how much do we all really know?

Courtney

Last edited by Courtney Mil; 28th Dec 2011 at 20:49.