PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Android Aviators
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2011, 13:07
Fanjita

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Android Aviators

Hi all,

First a small introduction;
I have been a lingerer on here for some years, as a commercial pilot in the works. As I am currently on the hours building game, and loving my tech, I purchased a tablet thinking it could provide me with some useful apps when flying. It was however not one of the late Steve Job's creations, and actually a Sony android tablet.

I have trawled countless pages searching the best apps for this tablet in aviation, I have found some very usefull apps but find the information finding very difficult. This obviously has something to do with the fact that Android has not been as popular as the Apple, but this is changing very quickly.

And on to the point;
I have been thinking that to save the difficult search for worthy apps and news regarding them on the www, it may be worth knocking up an android site with all news and information regarding their usefulness in the aviation field.

What are your thoughts? I was also hoping to get an idea on how many people actually have followed similar routes to me and want to know how to get the most out of their android tablets/phones in flight.

The primary incentive for this was with my searching I did learn that some popular ipad apps are not far off finding their way onto the androids, and it would be good to liaise with these companies to keep everyone in the loop.

I look forward to hearing your feedback and comments,
James