PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What would you do?
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2011, 10:39
The Old Fat One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KAG,

I didn't look to pick a fight. I'm not a tub thumper/bar basher. People who make such catergoric, polemic statements generally struggle with credibility (and often have their own issues with denial).

Another point (which many industry experts also agree on). Discussion about energy is rarely scientific or economic...it is nearly always political and therefore rarely a reflection of absolute truth.

I didn't claim my family member was an expert; just that he works in energy (at the doctoral level). That mean he knows more than me about energy (as I know know more than him about aviation), so I defer to him on matter thus. It's only logical. Nor did he say anthing about "running out" or "production". He merely pointed out that oil reserves have not changed in past forty years and that the quantity of oil reserves is determined almost entirely by the market price. A point so well established it does not need a reference.

If you disagree..no problem. It's a free world.

Incidentally, much of what you write I agree with...but dial down the rhetoric a little, and try and encompass other points of view. That way your arguments will carry a little more weight.