PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How long to wait - FAA, new rating, filed by pen&paper...
Old 27th Dec 2011, 22:00
VJW

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts
Sorry if you thought my reply was childish, it's funny that's what I thought your thread was initially.

I could stop reading, but I've been thanked personally and privately by moderators on this forum for my continuos input into the 'wannabes forums' - I use to work at the UK CAA licensing department, so had/have a good understanding of what goes on there. I have also been to the US a number of times for flight training (and I'm now married to an American so am in the country all the time, hoping to one day get a job there), so when I saw your post I replied as honest as I could to the information you provided initially.

Now I see your problem by your most recent post, and you're right it is a problem. The other problem you have is there isn't much you personally can do to speed up their process. Obviously you've seen that the examiners that update your records electronically seem to be faster, so for sure try to use them in the future.

Your initial post didn't mention you needed the licence for any other reason other then to simply exercise the ratings you obtained. Had you said that you needed them asap for conversion purposes etc then I would have understood. At the end of the day though, you pay nothing for the FAA licensing processes, so really, it's hard to get that pissed off I think, for something you don't pay for. I still believe the FAA system is a very good system, and when I found out it was free, I realised it is probably the best.

I'm sorry you felt my reply was childish, but as you said if you don't like my reply, you too can stop reading! What I do know is to be 'wanted' for a job before the ratings are on your plastic licence is actually a good thing for you. I hope the employer understands that it may take a while before you have it, and gives you the opportunity once you have the plastic licence to work for them.

All the best