PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 5
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2011, 21:07
onion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re the hangars

The roofs to the hangars were meant to be repaired around the time Peel took the airport over, my understanding is that money had been set aside by the airport itself at the time of the change of ownership! Peel as I understand then used the cash toward the resurfacing of aprons and taxiways and replacing lights! All of which were needed when they took over. Basically this is part of the fabled £x million they were to invest in the airport!

As a point of the stupidity of Peel, the taxiway they resurfaced, soon after taking over the airport, was 15m wide, they only resurfaced the middle 10m! This when the whole lot really needed it!

To be honest I want to see a Public Enquiry on the airport. You may think me stupid but the miss managament of MME goes back to the Local Authoruty ownership and continues through to Peel and as a tax payer ok not directly but indirectly of the local authorities that had control of the airport I want to know what happened to the money and what guarantees they had on the operation of the airport.