PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Blue crash was caused by Captain
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2011, 18:24
Sqwak7700

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is mention of the FO's lack of assertiveness in taking command of the situation knowing their treacherous predicament. But you have to wonder, had that FO been assertive and taken over, what would be the result? The kind of airline that maintains the employment of such a Captain sounds to me as and airline that would not investigate and would terminate the career of someone questioning someone of higher rank. That needs to be addressed as it is a very big factor in this accident. All the CRM courses in the world will not fix a lack of safety culture.

Not that it would affect my reaction if in the same situation. I would rather be fired than dead. It just makes you wonder what it takes to move those priorities, it seems like certain regions of the world suffer greatly from this lack of prioritization. This accident reminds me of the GFA A320 that flew right into the gulf. The FO even said a little prayer before they hit the ground, the CA didn't even know what hit them (or more appropriately, what he hit).