PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ethiopian
Thread: ethiopian
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2011, 17:26
oompilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
737-NG your posting regarding Africans in Europe and elsewhere in the world getting jobs, is incorrect, consider this. Many of these countries have introduced affirmative action or similar programs to protect these minority groups. In Africa, including South Africa these programs are enforced to protect a majority group, this group being the local black population, thus sidelining the minority! So your analogy is not similar at all.

Secondly your point regarding other parts of the world hiring pilots on criteria such as language or passport is interesting. I did notice that none related to skin colour, only to nationality and practicality. In Africa this doesn't hold true.

One last point, I have never in my years heard another black country refer to the foreign blacks as expats. Never have I heard that all the Zimbabweans working in South Africa are expats or the Nigerian's living in Ponte in JHB, are expats. The term has been exclusively used for describing white people.
It's another example of black African's not wanting to include new non blacks into their countries, the point of my original post.

Straight honest facts are clearly not appreciated regarding this topic. Enough of your smoke and mirrors talk on this one, Cheers!