PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Australia!
Thread: Air Australia!
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2011, 07:52
Rudder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why don't you explain it PG. I'm interested to hear your theory on this as well.

1a is absolutely correct.

This is all of AA's doing and can be corrected by them providing the info requested. The FACTS as he has laid them out speak for themselves.

This is normal industry practice and has not been driven by Flight Centre but the insurers after the main underwriter queried AA's solvency. The other main underwriter just followed suite as you would expect.

Seems to me that this should be easily solved if you are in fact solvent. Who knows whether they are, but giving out of date accounts would tend to indicate that AA may not know either.

It is AA that is increasing commission to increase demand from all travel agents.

Now if it makes no difference whether you have this insurance as would be indicated by Winglets then all will be OK. However having it plastered all over the press will have all their creditors and banks now jumping on the bandwagon for confidence. This is going to become a major issue within this business.

And if the accounts are any good you shouldn't have to have them explained. That little cherry speaks for itself I would think. While I am not a lover of some of Ben Sandilands stuff on Crikey. He would appear to have it right this time. This is in AA's court. It is in their interest to get this fixed and fast.

As I have stated before none of AA makes any sense "TO ME" but hell there is lots I don't understand.

I hope they succeed but don't think they will.