PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ethiopian
Thread: ethiopian
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2011, 05:48
odericko2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Description isn't the problem Capetonian, it's when malice is clearly intended as with Oompilot. making negative generalized statement about a group of people and then trying to hide behind an obvious fact as skin color.
The thread started on Ethiopian need for Expat pilots and it slid to the need of Expat pilots in Africa, at which point Oompilot felt the need to shed light on his bigoted skewed mentality of the continent, pointing out that by Africa he meant countries controlled by black skinned people, is he aware there are countries that are controlled by black skinned people that aren't African or are not even in this continent. U.S is under the leadership of a not so fair person.
The point he was actually trying to drive home was expats in this case ''foreign caucasian pilots'' aren't wanted in ''black Africa''. He forgets there are black expat pilots as well that is why he felt the need to include color in his description hence sliding the thread further to the irrelevant.
As someone wisely tried to educate him ''Nationals" always take priority be it in Black Africa, Arab Africa, Americas or White Europe and i'm not trying to be politically correct, the airline i fly for has people of Asian descent, Caucasian descent and obviously a majority are black descendants but they all have the common denominator, Nationals.
Obviously he does not get that, he is keen to portray Africa "the one controlled by black skinned people" as vile and their only need for expats i.e white pilots is when they are starving and need food aid, he fails to see the bigger picture, who is an expat? the need for them within the continent and beyond, and protectionism of local jobs by all governments including those not controlled by black skinned people.
That's why he is a BIGOT not because he called someone who is black, 'black'.